Social media is about online presence but it’s also about so much more. It’s about building community, and creating relationships.
Karen and I believe in the ability to create real world connections from social media. When the discussion in our home town of Ottawa led to frequent discussions of a local conference that would bring the social media community together to learn from each other I/we went with it. The result: Social Capital.
Social Capital will be held on Saturday, July 21 at Algonquin College in Ottawa, Canada.
Five reasons to attend Social Capital:
1) You want to meet and grow your relationship with others who also love social media;
2) You want to learn from those who live social media, be it for work, their business, or for fun;
3) You will have the opportunity to engage and ask questions of the people who are doing some of the things you hope to start doing;
4) You will leave Social Capital with tangible to dos that will help you move your social media endeavours forward;
5) You will get to socialize and hang out with an awesome group of people, including Karen and I :)
We really believe you’d get a lot out of attending this event so we’ve decide to add a bonus to signing up! Karen and I are launching a beta program this July. It is an online coaching group and the beta program runs for 3 months. The beta of this program costs $99.
A) be entered into a draw for a free spot into the program, and
B) automatically gain eligibility for the BETA program at our invite-only subscriber rate!
We hope to see you at Social Capital on July 21. Karen and I will be speaking about social media strategy at the conference and you can find the rest of the agenda here!